Monday, June 28, 2010

And the Beat Goes On

I found this entertaining and frightening article today. For all you medical types that are in denial about the poor quality of our health care and YOUR OWN sub standard care of your patients, this should be a reality check. We are paying through the nose for you people to take enormous risks with our bodies. Check out the stats... Jon Rappoport -- Medically Caused Death in America

Excerpts so that I can italicize and make bold faced!

12,000 deaths from unnecessary surgeries; (per year)

7,000 deaths from medication errors in hospitals; (per year)

20,000 deaths from other errors in hospitals; (per year)

80,000 deaths from infections acquired in hospitals (per year)

As I said in another post, I got off easy! I had an UNNECESSARY surgery, conned into it by an unscrupulous doctor. Then we add in MEDICATION error. I should never have had Versed OR general anesthetic and ESPECIALLY in the huge doses that were given to me. I got one of those HOSPITAL ACQUIRED INFECTIONS that could EASILY have killed me! My medical records are in the 2009 posts if you want to read the lies, omissions and the overuse of drugs. Take a look at my x rays while you are there. You can see just how poorly my surgery was performed. I TOLD THEM that I was to have a nerve block, pain medication of the opioid family and anti nausea meds ONLY!!! Look what they did to me.

As for the other 119,000 people killed every year as a result of hospital treatment, this horror has to be laid at the doors of those institutions. Further, to the degree that hospitals are regulated and financed by state and federal governments, the relevant health agencies assume culpability.

To my knowledge, not one person in America has been fired from a job or even censured as result of these medically caused deaths.

Yes, many persons and organizations within the medical system contribute to the annual death totals of patients, and media silence and public ignorance are certainly major factors, but the FDA is the assigned gatekeeper, when it comes to the safety of medical drugs. The buck stops there. If those drugs the FDA is certifying as safe are killing, like clockwork, 106,000 people a year, the Agency must be held accountable. The American people must understand that.

The entire article has even more alarming things to say about the medical field. Please read the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment