Saturday, September 29, 2012

More Violent Patients...

Sometimes I read some whining crybaby type article about how mean patients are.  (sniff)  These patients are attacking us.  (boo hoo)  I'm here to tell you that I love posts about angry, physically violent patients who were assaulted with Versed without warning and without INFORMED consent!  I don't have one little shred of sympathy for the people who do this to us.  They deserve what they get, and more.  Once again I am warning medical types about what my reaction will be if they try to sneak Versed into me again.  I will respond just like the lady below...


(Anonymous) wrote:
Feb. 16th, 2012 06:01 pm (UTC)
"Lack of informed consent with Versed
I work in a large med-surg hospital that does lots of outpatient procedures and most if not all involve administering Versed (midazolam). Most clinicians tell the patient: "sign here so that we can give you something to keep you comfy" before administering Versed, when the truth is more like: "sign here so that we can give you Versed that will prevent you from remembering the procedure (at least immediately) and it will make you compliant; it has no pain-relieving properties, but don't worry, you probably won't be able to communicate but you will be quite "awake"..just sort of zombified. Don't be alarmed that the patient in the next room getting a colonoscopy is screaming in pain, we will get her out the door in a hurry and she won't realize that she was given an amnesia drug." One patient was lied to in the usual manner about the Versed that she was given; when she was told the truth about it being an amnesia drug she promptly smacked the endo doc right in the mouth...and the patient can't be held accountable since she was put "under the influence". Sorry, giving Versed without telling patients that it's purpose is to induce amnesia is unethical. I have seen way too many educated, reasonable and calm patients become furious after being given this amnestic drug without informed consent."
 
I love this sentence "One patient was lied to in the usual manner about the Versed that she was given; when she was told the truth about it being an amnesia drug she promptly smacked the endo doc right in the mouth...and the patient can't be held accountable since she was put "under the influence"."
 
OMG!  The patient was LIED TO IN THE USUAL MANNER about Versed.  LIED TO in a USUAL manner.  That says a lot about medical care and the people who populate these centers doesn't it?  She smacked the endo doc right in the mouth.  Dear Lord forgive me, but I can hardly contain my delighted laughter!  I will be doing the same, if at all possible.  As far as being "under the influence" yeah baby, I'll be using that one.  Will these medical people have the police shoot me dead because MEDICAL PEOPLE gave me a drug which I will always refuse, which is on my medical alert bracelet and in my wallet, not to use?  So I could actually end up dead because some fool wants to turn me into a compliant zombie, for their own selfish reasons?  At any rate, I won't be going to jail for the damage *I* do because I will be "under the influence".  I just hope they don't kill me for my response to their high handed illegal use of this drug.
 
As for the "I have seen too many educated, reasonable and calm patients become furious after being given this amnestic drug without informed consent."  That's exactly describing me and my experience.  Uncanny isn't it?  Medical workers will swear to their dying breath that Versed is universally beloved by their patients and zero side effects or untoward effects have been noted EVER in regard to this drug.  Yet we have this statement from 'anonymous' who is obviously in the health care field reporting these things to us...  So who is lying?  Anonymous and all of us who have been battered with Versed, or the (mentally compromised) medical people who are addicted to using Versed? 
 
PS once again I have to say that my thoughts here are my own opinions.  Yours may be different, but I have a complete RIGHT to speak out against the abuse we are suffering at the hands of those who are supposed to be helping us.  In fact it's a moral imperative. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment