Monday, April 12, 2010

Grateful Reader

Here is a letter I got from a grateful reader...
Jackie,
I've been following your writings and blogs for some time now. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all you've said and done to expose the atrocities taking place in the medical field - physically, emotionally, legally, monetarily. We've learned from past experiences and mistakes and do our best to ensure the treatment we want (and deserve), but STILL those in the medical field lie, cheat, obfuscate, mislead, mis-represent, ridicule, cajole, and bully....................to get their way. And after the fact is a bit too late to undo/change things!
After much discussion in regards to our latest foray into the medical world, we foolishly believed and trusted them once again with disastrous results. Unlike yours, ours was not physical damage, and most would say, "What's the big deal?", but to us it was (and is) important.
I loved, trained for and worked in the medical field -- now I despise everyone in the field and trust not one person. I challenge everyone from the receptionist to the doctor to the billing clerk as nicely as I can and get hostility and ridicule in return. My husband says we ought to move to the far reaches of Alaska to get away from it all!
I've learned that most people don't want to hear your/my warning, foolishly believing as I once did that the doctor/nurse has my best interest at heart and would do nothing but what was in my best interest. NOT! As you and I know this could not be further from the truth.
Thank you for all you are doing. I just hope you are making an impact. Please know you have at least made me feel that I am not a loony and not alone in our experience and thinking and for that you have my heartfelt gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment