Monday, December 16, 2013

"The Long-Lasting Effects Of Versed" by Anonymous

I got this article from yet another person who has been harmed by Versed.  This victim of Versed/Midazolam wishes to remain anonymous, but I can assure you that *I* did not write this post.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The Long-Lasting Effects of VERSED

Can doctors and researchers assure us that VERSED has not attributed to the onslaught of Alzheimer's Disease in the elderly (and not so elderly) in the past several years? My guess is that they could, but they won't, because the drug is so handy and useful for their needs.

VERSED was administered to me before a colonoscopy, in 2009. “Just something to relax you,” they said. Only when the procedure was over did I learn the name of the drug and the fact that it had put me in a state where the doctor could talk to me and get my cooperation during the procedure; yet I did not remember anything about it, including the pain and discomfort associated with a colonoscopy. (If you've ever had a colonoscopy without some type of sedative, you know what I mean.) When I came to my senses, I was upset, knowing that my mind had been manipulated, that, in actuality, I had been hypnotized, something I never would have stood for, had I been informed ahead of time. But I wasn't!

In the recovery room, everything was “spinning.” And, a few minutes later, in the outpatient room, where my husband sat with me, the nurse asked several times how I was feeling. Each time, I begged for something to counteract the extreme nausea and dizziness, but each time, she said, “We’ll just wait a little while and see how you feel.” Finally, I told my husband to get me out of there. The ride home, which should have taken 45 minutes, took 3 hours because I couldn’t stand the movement of the car, and we had to keep stopping to let my stomach and my head get in line.

Four years later, I am still feeling the effects of the VERSED—not nausea, but loss of memory. I am a writer, and I find that simple words and phrases I had always used are “lost” to me at times. There have been other minor incidents, too, but nothing as drastic as Alzheimer's—yet. They “say” that memory loss caused by drugs like VERSED is only temporary, but have they ever really checked to find out? Or is it so handy a drug that they just don't want to know, or to have its real effects revealed? Is it possible that many elderly people who have medical procedures done with the use of VERSED have, or will, become victims of Alzheimer’s?

In the near future, I expect to see an ad on TV by attorneys who have set up a class action suit against the manufacturer(s) of VERSED and against doctors who continue to use it without telling their patients it is a mind-altering drug that could have long-lasting effects. I will be one of the first to call those attorneys.

In the meantime, I insist that all of my doctors put 'NO VERSED!' on my chart. I would suggest that anyone reading this do the same. Of course, the first thing you'll be asked is 'Why'? Don't be afraid to tell them. It's your body, your mind, your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment