Saturday, December 8, 2012

Hernia Repair and Versed (again)

Oddly I have found several references to hernia repairs and Versed recently.  Tim from www.versedbusters.blogspot.com had his experience with Versed and created the premier site for people to vent about their Versed experiences.  In November I found (and wrote about) a man who went in for a hernia repair and was killed by his anesthesia.  You can find it here No Midazolam: Death From Anesthesia  From the sparse details, I submit that the drug used was Midazolam, but as it wasn't NAMED, I can only extrapolate from what IS there, that Versed was the culprit.  You have to draw your own conclusions on that!  Now I find this one from here; 

Midazolam Sedation Is Not ALWAYS Safe - Forum Thread Page 3  Here's a copy of the post;

Versed Sneaked Into Hernia Operation

posted by Ross on 07 Dec 2012 at 9:20 am
On November 4, 2012, I had hernia surgery at a Prince William County ambulatory center. Neither the surgeon nor the anesthesiologist mentioned beforehand their intention to use Versed, nor did I ask for or need a sedative. They told me about the Versed only after administering it, and then only because I asked persistent questions about what they had done.

Within three hours of being released by the center, I started experiencing severe nausea. This led to vomiting and heaving, which aggregated he pain. By 8 pm that evening, my girlfriend, an RN, arrived back from out of town, took one look, and hustled me to the ER. It took over five hours for them to control the nausea and pain. Even after they released me, I had significant problems into the next day.

Over the next three days, I experienced periodic nausea combined with confusion, memory loss, and irritability. I wrote a lengthy protest to the hospital over their use of Versed. They have not yet chosen to respond. In general, I do not have allergic reactions to anything. Versed appears to be the exception. Making it worse, the center's anesthesiologist has insisted that it has no side-effects, which is simply a lie. And it had no legitimate medical role in the surgery. I've had surgery before without such things and have fared far better.

The deception practiced by the Prince William doctors in this case was reprehensible. They want trust yet turn around and make moves that seem medically subversive at best.
previous page | post followup | alert a moderator |

Here an excerpt which I particularly like....  "Over the next three days, I experienced periodic nausea combined with confusion, memory loss, and irritability. I wrote a lengthy protest to the hospital over their use of Versed. They have not yet chosen to respond. In general, I do not have allergic reactions to anything. Versed appears to be the exception. Making it worse, the center's anesthesiologist has insisted that it has no side-effects, which is simply a lie. And it had no legitimate medical role in the surgery. I've had surgery before without such things and have fared far better.

The deception practiced by the Prince William doctors in this case was reprehensible. They want trust yet turn around and make moves that seem medically subversive at best."


The above are the last two paragraphs in the piece.  "...the center's anesthesiologist has insisted that it (Versed) has no side-effects, which is simply a lie."  Of course it's a lie.  These anesthetists know perfectly well that THEIR  drug of choice (not the patients choice by any means) causes major problems for a large sub-set of patients.  These side effects are very well documented, but are deliberately minimized or denied by medical workers because it makes their job easier and/or more fun.  There is AMPLE PROOF of this.

"And it (Versed) had no legitimate medical role in the surgery."  Absolutely, categorically, indubitably true.  (The emphasis is mine.) 

The very last paragraph sums it up PERFECTLY, don't you agree?  "reprehensible" and "subversive" are words which are very descriptive of what the actions of the medical minions are.

No comments:

Post a Comment