Thursday, January 26, 2012

Some Mid Level Providers "Get It!"

It's not always bad news in the "War On Drugs." (specifically Versed) From time to time I run across one of those "mid level providers" whom I generally bash, that actually gets it! Here is a post from the Hospital Soup people's comments;



Mary says:

"It’s tragic that some gastor docs “insist” on the dangerous and mind-numbing conscious sedation for a simple colonoscopy………….this exam is easily done without amnesia drugs by a caring practitioner…………sign a consent for “TITRATED” VERSED AND YOU WILL HAVE A CHEMICAL LOBOTOMY…….sorry, I’m an advance practice nurse (NP) and can’t stand hearing from patients who were abused by “conscious sedation”. If you need sedation, get propofol from an anesthesiologist, not a CRNA ( a nurse with less than 2 years additional training)………………………I’m sorry that I have referred patients for colonoscopy; it should be done carefully and unsedated; it’s not, its a rush and to heck with the patient……..sorry, I have to tell the truth………."


Thanks Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment