Friday, September 30, 2011

Frida Writes!

Thanks for stopping by Frida! Glad you are OK! I have had a reader worried about you not blogging recently, as was I. I am reproducing your comment here, so that the people I'm in contact with can see that they are not the only ones with these problems. Tim over at http://www.versedbusters.com/ was an engineer before his Versed debacle.

FridaWrites has left a new comment on your post ""Why I Hate Anesthesia" by Frida":

Thanks for the link to and discussion of my post--though I haven't been blogging for a while, this is an issue I still feel very strongly about. For me, it's a temporary amnesiac rather than a permanent one--and I remember exactly what happens later.

However, I have long-term memory problems from anesthesia, which led to forgetting massive amounts of information I had learned for my job over several years before my surgeries and procedures. I remembered learning it, but nothing of the content. My memory was near photographic before. Also, word retrieval problems persist.


Frida I have a hypothesis that Versed affects bright minds the worst. *I* used to write humorous short stories, but I'm not so good at that any more 6 YEARS later. I've had general anesthetic 6 times prior to Versed and I NEVER had this kind of long term problems with it... Just with Versed.

My story is in these pages and it follows yours pretty much. I remembered everything right up until the general anesthetic, which I had forbidden along with any drugs like Versed. Then I was "awake and alert" afterwards for some time, which I have zero recall of. I have a snippet of the nurse asking me if I knew where I was, and I snapped at her "I'm in the hospital, LEAVE ME ALONE." Next time I came to in mid sentence on my feet in a murderous rage. Very odd. This drug has permanently altered the characteristics of my brain. It's bad stuff for smart people!

No comments:

Post a Comment