Friday, January 14, 2011

More on Horrible Side Effects

Versed is touted as a safe drug! As you read through the side effects of this allegedly "harmless" and "safe" drug, keep in mind that this risk is as nothing compared to the freedom from patients that Versed affords medical practitioners. These people can hardly wait to inject you with this substance to the patients detriment. They do not care about these side effects to the point that they are categorically denied!

This is from Midazolam TOC Here's what it says; ( emphasis in original)

Midazolam: Adverse Reactions

Depending on its dose, midazolam can cause any stage of a cardiovascular and respiratory depression. High i.v. doses have caused cardiac and respiratory arrest with lethal consequences. Usual doses normally cause a minor decrease of the blood pressure and oxygen saturation. The amnesia desired, e.g. for endoscopies, can last much longer than the intervention, sometimes for hours (semiconsciousness). Occasionally daydreams with sexual content occur. In addition to a multitude of central nervous symptoms (vertigo, dizziness, headaches, rarely hallucinations, etc.), midazolam can also cause visual disturbances and nausea. Repeated administration (e.g. as a sleeping aid) leads to tolerance and dependence within weeks; withdrawal syndrome often occurs if the drug is discontinued abruptly. (Please note that AMNESIA is desired. NOT patient relaxation. That's the difference between the lies that patients are told and the real reason Versed is used. "LETHAL consequences." That means boys and girls that this drug can KILL YOU! It only takes a couple of mls. to turn you into a zombie. I don't know of any other drug with this kind of potency. I'm sure there are, but this one is especially lethal. Take a good hard look at the "multitude of central nervous symptoms." These are also side effects that the medical community will deny to their dying breath. They want to give you Versed THAT BAD! Also NAUSEA! My mother was told that if she had allowed them to poison her with Versed, that she would not have nausea. I have heard THAT little story from other patients too who were told that with Midazolam they wouldn't have nausea. Why would you tell people lies like that? There is an MDA on line who emphatically denies that the amnesia from Versed "can last much longer than the intervention." People complain that they had amnesia for the whole day or longer and are met with stubborn self serving platitudes and ridicule from anesthesia providers.)

Midazolam: Interactions

A dangerous central nervous sedation can develop if midazolam is combined with alcohol or other centrally sedative drugs (e.g. opioids). Cimetidine and ranitidine cause higher midazolam levels. ("Dangerous central nervous sedation!" Well, who has heard anything about this from your friendly anesthesia provider? Versed has zero side effects didn't you know?)

15 comments:

  1. Amnesia is one of the main components of an anesthetic. The point is that you dont remember. It would take a day to explain all the side effects of each of the medications you get for a general anesthetic so its not practical. Most of the other anesthetics cause antergrade amnesia as well. Why would someone want to be awake and remeber a very painful experience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honeybabe, why in the world would we want to be awake and suffering with only our memory impaired? What sick and twisted universe do you come from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree; never again!
    It caused extreme vertigo, and I vomited and dry-heaved for six hours afterward. All that for minor surgery which could have been handled with a local anesthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry that happened to you! I can't get over the zeal to use this nasty drug for simple little procedures that can be handled with local anesthetic...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had a bad experience being anesthesized for a colonoscopy.
    Propofol was used as the anesthesia but I learned that midozolam (4mg) was also used. Immediately after returning to my room, while still under, I vomited stomach acid into my throat and lungs. They were not prepared with suction, so that took awhile. I'm still having worse symptoms 5 days later (cannot speak, fatigue, shortness of breath, cough). Did the midosolam cause this rather than the propofol? I'm on antibiotics but no improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Propofol wears of really fast as far as I know, not being an anesthesia professional. It sounds to me like you were still under the influence of the "muscle relaxer" part of Versed and your body wasn't working right to prevent the acid from going down the wrong tube. You were probably sick because they didn't properly give you an anti emetic. (anti nausea drug) Pain killers generally cause nausea and vomiting. So if they gave you pain meds. and they probably did, that is most likely the cause of the sickness in the first place. The MAIN problem is a complete lack of care or concern for patients as exhibited by you being back in your room without proper medical devices being present. That should never have happened since you were still under the influence of anesthesia drugs. I hope you get better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I past went in this Monday for a heart cath and a TEE they gave the Versed to me strong!!!!! It has been two days after my testing and I have had horrible headaches, fevers, major body sweats!!! I just wanted to know what was wrong with me and this worsened me... It is a evildrug!! thank you for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Versed with fentanyl for cataract surgery. It was most likely the versed that started the Horrible Migraine Headaches 24 hours a day, sometimes with nausea for 3 1/2 months now since the first eye was done. Instead of the qualified anesthesiologist administering the sedation, she let the anesthetist give it. This was wrong and done purposely because the anesthesiologist had an attitude before the surgery and I spoke up about it. Some do not want patient input. Just shut up and do what we say. Makes me think about the recent story with the anesthesiologist who was tape recorded when doing a procedure and the statements she was saying about that patient while he was under was horrendous and degrading, but thankfully she got caught and hopefully she is fired. Unfortunately people like her get away with stuff all the time. So, Several trips back to the eye surgeon and one 2nd opinion from another eye surgeon and both do not believe it was caused by the surgery in any way, yet it started 2 days after the first eye was done and seeing as I have never had migraine headaches in my life, it is hard to believe, yet there is nothing a patient can do. I fear I will live with this for the rest of my life. All surgeries should be tape recorded and available to the patient and be monitored by a unit in the Attorney Generals office of the state it is done in. Pain has made it necessary to take pain meds now and that has put me and many more honest patients in a position with Doctors everywhere they go, because of the war on RX drugs because of some bad people. Forcing Contracts that are insulting to honest people by suggesting scenarios that honest people just do Not do. America's healthcare is costly for hard working patients who pay high premiums and deductibles. They should get what they need without hassle. The politicians do. Not all people abuse RX Meds, and when something isn't right the Doctors should continue to figure out what is happing and help the patient in any way they can. They are paid to do what is best for the patient, but in fairness it is the U.S. Government who is putting it's thumb on the Doctors and restricting them with what they can and cannot do. This is bullying at its finest.

      Delete
  8. You are so welcome. At least you know it isn't "all in your head." I hope you feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well had Versed a few years ago for a stomoch scope. I remembered everything, swallowing the scope and talking. Two days later I noticed I was having a problem at work and tried to drive home. It got worse, I didnt know what to do at a stop light. Somehow got home and didnt know my own dogs name. Had my son call the doctor. Two weeks later I got up in the morning and walked into the kitchen and did not know what was in the doors and drawers. I carried yellow sticky notes with me for a month. I had a brain scan to see if I had a stroke. No stroke. My doctor said I had a reaction to Versed and to tell people I am alergic to it because they wouldnt believe my story. He was right. I have told this story to doctors and anestisologist they all argued with me. They just want us to forget. also once they give it to you you cant sue them. It is just a cya.
    I have had some memory loss on and off sinse the drug. Example all of a suddon cant read the clock.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny thing is "anonymous" ALL of these so-called "care givers" have heard our story. We are not the only people to complain about the symptoms. You just can't give people a drug designed to cause amnesia and other disruptions in the brain and expect zero consequences. Let's see...give people a drug which causes memory problems, but the continuing memory problems afterwards are not a direct result of the drug? I can't believe they would even say that to you (or the rest of us) It makes them seem either REALLY stupid, not to be trusted, or completely insane, not to be trusted. I hope you get better. Are you taking fish oil or any other brain nutrients to try to help?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still feeling tired and dizzy 3 days after medazolam sedation .. Is this normal ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems to be normal in my experience. Might want to check it out with a health care professional. They will deny that it was the midazolam, but *I* think it would be safer to check to make SURE it isn't something else.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Y'all, it has been 20, yes, 20 days for me and I am still dizzy several times a day and have some memory issues. Ironic thing is, it didn't knock me out. I was alert during procedure. Now this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was given versed preop. I vomited, aspirated, went into respiratory failure with brief anoxia,and hypoxia, was critical 37 minutes, cane to in icu later on a ventilator, they first accused I ate after midnight, i did not, then claimed I have gastroparesis, I dont, finally got my med files to find that the vomit was all bilious which means normal empty stomach acid and bile. I googled every med I was administered and found the versed aka midazolam and that it can cause nausea and vomiting. This all happened in august 2015 and the oxygen deprivation left me with lowered linguistic skills where I had been The girl who got 700 out of 800 on my verbal sats and impaired short term memory. These Drs are still trying to cover their bums esp since I was on fioricet with codeine for headaches, i was on a a med with a barbituate and opiate and either made the versed contraindicated yet they used it, nearly killed me and caused me brain damage!

    ReplyDelete