Thursday, April 11, 2013

More Insanity From Arrogant Nurses; Part Two

Here's the second post I got recently.  This is even more fun! 

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "I'm Sorry For The Anesthesia Nurses!":

Actually a CRNA IS qualified to deliver anesthesia. In fact, CRNAs were administering anesthesia long before there was any such thing as an anesthesiologist. To become a CRNA, one must complete a bachelor's degree in nursing (with at least a 3.5 GPA for most CRNA schools), pass the NCLEX certification exam, complete at least 2 years of bedside nursing in the intensive care unit, get a high score on the Graduate Record Examination, apply, interview, and be accepted to a credentialed CRNA program, complete 2 years of rigorous coursework and clinicals, and pass a licensing exam. We are taught and are qualified to do everything an anesthesiologist (MDA) can do. No one with a doctorate in basket weaving is qualified to provide anesthesia, unless of course the basket weaving degree was earned in addition to their Master's of Nurse Anesthesia, Doctorate of Nurse Anesthesia, or Medical degree. Please get your facts straight before posting ignorant rants on topics which you know nothing about.


A crna is not qualified to deliver anesthesia.  At least not to me!  In the very post this person commented on, I wrote AT LENGTH about what happened to me at the hands of a so-called anesthesia nurse.  He wasn't qualified to perform his task, witness MY REACTION TO HIS MINISTRATIONS!  I will NOT HAVE an anesthesia nurse do my procedure ever again.  Now that I know anesthesia nurses exist, I will grill whoever thinks they are going to do my anesthesia to ferret out the truth about their credentials.  A nursing credential won't cut it.  I was attacked and damaged once by a nurse, and I'm not that stupid, regardless of what this commenter thinks.  It won't happen again.

Cupcake, maybe you better have a history lesson.  Back in the day, they didn't have certified registered nurse anesthetists, now did they?  They had nurses who HELPED THE DOCTOR!  Nice try.  All that education you claim to possess pales in significance to what an MDA has to do.  Changing bedpans and starting IV's doesn't even begin to describe what doctors have to go through.  Do you grasp that concept?  Or are you so enamored of YOURSELF that you truly can't see a difference?  You are NOT taught and qualified to do everything an anesthesiologist can do.  When did you complete your MD degree?  In which case you would be an MD and not a nurse.  All that BS about how hard it is to get your nursing degree reads like blah, blah, blah, I'm so wonderful.  Give me a break.

Please get your facts straight before posting ignorant rants on topics which you know nothing about!  Back at ya babe. 

For all my readers, this is EXACTLY the attitude you will get from most anesthesia nurses.  They teach them complete and total arrogance in school I think.  They all tell each other how wonderful they are until they believe it.  No humility here, only HUBRIS!  I just love the "ignorant rants" part especially.  I've heard this exact phrase SO MANY TIMES I can't count them.  Nothing new here, just a repeat of what we have already heard.  BTW I obviously know quite a bit about the topic at hand.  More than the commenter knows with all their alleged education.  So sad, but it's unfortunately true.

No comments:

Post a Comment