Friday, August 3, 2012

Don't I Speak Plain English?

Yet another person commented on one of my posts , who doesn't seem to understand what I am saying.  English is my first language, so I am absolutely MYSTIFIED as to why I am misunderstood...  Here's  the quote;

Matt has left a new comment on your post "More on Horrible Side Effects":

"Amnesia is one of the main components of an anesthetic. The point is that you dont (sic) remember. It would take a day to explain all the side effects of each of the medications you get for a general anesthetic so its not practical. Most of the other anesthetics cause antergrade (sic) amnesia as well. Why would someone want to be awake and remeber (sic) a very painful experience?"

No Matt, AMNESIA is NOT one of the main components of anesthesia!  The main component of anesthesia is ABSENCE OF PAINThe point is that WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO US!  We don't want amnesia instead of pain relief!  Are you always this obtuse?  I didn't WANT general anesthetic!  Do you grasp that concept?  Frankly I don't give a damn if it takes all DAY to explain every single little thing to my satisfaction.  The law is very clear on this issue...  YOU MUST DO THIS! 

Matt, it isn't UP to you to decide that I don't want to be awake (MINUS AMNESIA) regardless of what *I* say.  If you were capable of doing your job, then we wouldn't have a painful experience to remember.  "Why would someone want to be awake and remember a very painful experience?" This pain would be due entirely to your failing in your PRIMARY duty of relieving pain!  Why?  Just because it is my RIGHT not to be subjected to mind control drugs at the whim of a substandard anesthesia provider who wants to use brain disabling drugs to hide the fact that they are pathetic incompetent morons.  I DO NOT HAVE TO JUSTIFY WHY I WANT TO BE AWAKE!  *I* choose to be awake.  That's all you need to know.

As for trying to obfuscate the issue with the "general anesthetic" part, you know full that I am talking about real amnesia with Versed the true amnesia drug, as in walking, talking, screaming, begging for you to stop torturing us, and babbling on and on about all our secrets for your amusement.  With general anesthetic we are completely under, so of course the patient won't remember anything.  That's NOT AMNESIA you moron!  Any more than sleeping is amnesia.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother.  Jeez you anesthesia people are freaking STUPID!

No comments:

Post a Comment