Friday, July 6, 2012

Fibromyalgia and Versed

My, my how witty these crna's are here;  closure of 'This is unreal. You have to see it.' thread--  The FLURRY of responses to an unhappy patient who was ABUSED by crna who injected her with Versed PRIOR to trying to obtain "informed" consent is totally in line with my view of this profession.  It's almost entirely personal attacks.  Nice going anesthesia nurses...  There is no defense to the indefensible, so I understand the juvenile nature of the responses.  (Most of them anyway, and by the usual suspects)

That's not the main point of this post however.  I want to point out this response in particular;
"Have you ever been diagnosed with fibromyalgia?"  Here it is in situ;  closure of 'This is unreal. You have to see it.' thread--
 
It reminded me of a post I got back in January of 2010...  Here it is, you can also see it in this post of mine,  No Midazolam: Wages and Health Care  comments section. 
 
"All you do is complain and moan about how horrible these people were to you, yet you don't give specifics about what exactly they supposedly did to you. I predict from the tone of your rant that you "suffer" from fibromyalgia too. Those in health care know what I'm talkin' bout!" 

Notice the part *I* emphasized in the little rant above.  Remind you of the recent smart ass response on http://www.nurse-anesthesia.org/ I referenced above?  Hmmm.  I think I may have found the "anonymous" donor to my comments.  Take a look at how many of these oh so very well educated crna's LIKE this kind of nastiness!  Shame is obviously NOT a part of their (crna) personality traits.  I was so taken aback by the mocking of an apparently very painful and medically provable condition that I wrote a whole post on this very subject, here;  No Midazolam: From the "Comments" 

Now I find that among the general crna population, they apparently equate a muscle disease called fibromyalgia with Versed use.  How are we to interpret this?  Are these people trying to say that fibromyalgia is a faked disease and additionally those of us who have a bad reaction to Versed are similarly 'faking it?'  Are these crna's trying to say that people who suffer from fibromyalgia are uniquely susceptible to a bad reaction to Versed?  After all, my little crna claimed that Versed was merely a muscle relaxant.  I'm not really sure because instead of defending their position, they are simply injecting this alleged fibromyalgia diagnosis into the conversation without explanation.  I can guess it's the former reason.  Whatever, it's a non starter for a midazolam defense.  Unless you are a crna or srna and then it's amusing.  I'm not laughing.  I'm thinking that anybody who "suffers from fibromyalgia" isn't amused either.

Please note, that *I* have never and do not now suffer from fibromyalgia.  I DO suffer from the over-the-top arrogant disregard for the very real suffering of their patients exhibited by anesthesia nurses...   I do suffer from the side effects of the 'perfect' drug Versed/Midazolam.  The very drug that these so-called 'educated' people love so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment