Sunday, August 1, 2010

An Oddity

As I was searching for verification that a certain hospital no longer uses CRNA's I came across an oddity. When I looked at 20 or so "anesthesia groups" not one of them mentioned anything about their CRNA's. Only Doctor's are listed. Isn't that weird?

I happen to have personal knowledge that at least one of the outfits I looked at uses CRNA's. Yet, there is no mention of any CRNA, anesthetist, anesthesia nurse or anything at all that would lead a person to believe that anybody but a Dr. would be involved in the patient's care. I don't know why this would be so, but CRNA's are a very well kept secret. I think this is wrong. I think that these Doctors should honestly advertise that they use nurses instead of themselves. It's kinda false advertising isn't it?

Don't take my word for it, look for yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment