Monday, June 3, 2013

Stand Alone Comment From A Reader

kjlintner has left a new comment on your post "Another Physician Speaks Out Against Versed":

I under went 2 cardiac interventions last week on two different days, and versed was heavily used. I remember during the first procedure hearing "starting versed bag #7" two days later I was under the medication again for the second coronary intervention.

Up to a month before the procedure is lost to me. It seems like my short term memory was wiped clean. I began having horrible panic attacks, fits of uncontrolled shaking, and unshakeable feeling of doom.

I ended up in the ER just 3 days after my release. The PA described my symptoms as PTSD like, and I was given Ativan.

I lose things, I put things in strange places. I am constantly forgetting what I am supposed to be doing. Forget about driving, holy cow, that's not even funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment